Well Easter is over. I really think it's my favourite of the bank holidays, even better than Christmas. Not just because of all the chocolate involved, but spring is happening, trees are getting green, cherry blossom is bursting out and lambs are gamboling in the fields. It's just an all-round lovely time of year.
But, back to the chocolate. How many eggs did you consume? I only had three - Smarties, KitKat and Malteasers and friends - that's pretty restrained I think and they were shared with other people. I have to stand by my original claim that Nestle make the best Easter eggs. And why is Easter egg chocolate so damned tasty anyway? There's something about the way thin shards of chocolate melt in the mouth, and the irregular sized pieces are more interesting to eat that the uniform chunks in a bar - when you hit upon a piece of egg that's so thick you can barely break it, it's a pleasure unmatched. Smarties eggs are good too because you can open the tube, and tip it into half of the egg for a bit of pot-luck variation on just pure chocolate. My only gripe with the Smarties egg is that there was only one tube of Smarties in there - for shame. The KitKat had two KitKat chunkys (both gobbled by my Mum) and the Malteasers and friends had a bag each of Malteasers, Revels and Minstrels. Seems like Smarties could loosen the purse strings a little and treat us to two tubes per egg if you ask me.
I also took part in my first ever (I think) Easter egg hunt, which was a hoot - hoofing it through the park looking for decoy eggs to take back to base camp and swap for a prize. We found three in the end, which translated into a bag of mini eggs and a little belgian dark chocolate egg, which we scoffed that very afternoon to offset the exercise we had done finding the pesky things.
By the way, I spotted in one of my Mum's magazines, a whole page of recipes for left over chocolate - but I ask you, who ever has leftover chocolate?
Anyway, I hope you are rubbing your swollen tums with a bashful expression but inward glee and lets think ahead to our next chocolate experience.
Choc on
Choccy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment