Well, not just nuts but all kinds of 'healthies' cocooned in chocolate. How do you feel about them?
I have to confess to enjoying a chocolate covered peanut. But then that suggests that I could have just one, popped into my mouth and enjoyed in a measured and sensible way. When really we know that chocolate covered peanuts are to be crammed into the gob in great grasping handfuls, overfilling a mouth so that brown liquid dribbles unnatractively down one's chin.
The same goes for chocolate covered raisins - a treat I wouldn't tolerate as a child but as an adult I'm a convert. Hallelujah!
We're getting into the big boys arena when we talk of Chocolate Brazils. Selenium-rich and reputedly cancer busting, Brazils are good for us beyond all sense, so dipping them in the good stuff to encourage us to eat more is a service to the nations health. I'm rather fond of the ones you buy from market stalls and which have a very sweet and soft cheap chocolate on them. It offsets the bitter nut nicely. Of course, if you're in the market for a Mother's Day gift then a paper-bag of cheapness won't cut it, so go for a classy box of Just Brazils, or an M&S version - she is your mother after all.
I recall as a child chowing down a bag of chocolate covered liqorice Allsorts, but I can't for the life in me recall if these were something we bought or fashioned at home with a block of Dairy Milkand a saucepan. Probably the latter, given my Dad's penchant for kitchen experimentation. Flipping good though.
Mission for this month. Melt some chocolate - milk, white, dark, doesn't matter - and then dip stuff in it. Keep it clean though, you cheeky little monkeys. I know what you're like...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment